Cyber Chocolate

Monday, April 24, 2006
A Word For Chocolate
By: Ginger Marks

Some of my most precious memories relate to chocolate; times of fellowship and fun and quiet times alike. Every once in a while even the movie makers realize that we true aficionados of chocolate need our fix. I can recall sitting transfixed while devouring titles such as “Like Water for Chocolate” a bittersweet love story, “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” not once but twice created cinematic history and one of my all time favorites simply titled, “Chocolate” a wonderful story of my favorite confection at the heart of bucking the timeless traditions in a quaint French village.

What is it about that word that makes us all sit up and take notice? Why is it when a group of friends get together the mere mention of the word causes a frenzy of excitement? Who do you think invented the Valentines Day Card? A man? Ha! The fact is that in the 1840s Esther A. Howland designed elaborate creations with lace, ribbons and colorful pictures. Howland is known as the “Mother of the Valentine”. These tokens were an easy precursor to the giving of chocolate and so it is a noteworthy event in my book. Howland was a true visionary if there ever was one.

What is this news about “healthy chocolate”? Healthy Chocolate? Really, you might say. Is it even something you or I would consider trying? I personally have tried it and can avow to the fact that it is bitter and uninviting. I don’t know about you but I am quite content savoring the smell, the taste and the absolute pleasure of a rich, dark, bittersweet piece of my favorite confection as it melts on my tongue. I say leave my chocolate alone. I don’t need to invade my senses with thoughts of butterfat adhering to my thighs or blocked arteries; after all who wants to live forever? I would rather live in the blissful ignorance of pure delight as I savor every moment of every bite.

It wasn’t very long ago that I read that women NEED chocolate. The fact is that chocolate is made from the cocoa plant and contains the highest natural source for Magnesium. Magnesium deficiency is linked with hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, joint problems and pre-menstrual tension (PMT or PMS). Now how is that for a reason to NEED chocolate?

So, the next time some health nut attempts to dissuade me from enjoying a moment of pure bliss by telling me I should, “watch my calories” or even looks at me sideways I will turn politely to them and say, “Thank you for your concern, but did you notice your car is on fire?”


© Copyright 2005 Ginger Marks

Ginger Marks is the founder of DocUmeant, Your writing assistant. For more information, visit her website at http://www.documeant.net Currently she authors a column on business development and personal growth at ArticlesOn.com. Mrs. Marks has also written two eBooks that are available through her business site DocUmeant.net

posted by Jan Verhoeff @ 3:25 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 




Pure, delicious, melt in your mouth rich chocolate to entice your taste buds, tickle your funny bone, and enrich your life.
The Chocolate Drop
Sign up here for a
Free Subscription
Email:
Name:

The Chocolate Drop

A Newsletter promoting Prosperity and Abundance

without Secrecy.






Don't miss a single morsel of chocolate! Get your bite of heart healthy dark chocolate from one of these great recipes! Chocolate

About Me
Name: Jan Verhoeff
Home: Colorado
About Me: This chocolate lover, writer, and artist, from Southeastern Colorado promotes the value of abundance and prosperity in all areas of life. For more information see Secret to Prosperity and get your link to prosperity and abundance.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Chocolate

Decadent, rich, deliciously sinful Marketing Concepts revealed at Chocolate. Don't miss the flavor of wealth!

Links
Of Interest

Ad Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER